Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Orange Planet -- What a Disappointment!

     I just finished reading Orange Planet by Haruka Fukushima who happens to be the very same author who made Cherry Juice and AAA which I really love but this manga turned out to be quite disappointing. I initially want to post reviews of good mangas but I can't help writing something about this manga and how I really had an unsatisfying night after reading 5 volumes of this manga straight.
     First of all, Orange Planet revolves around the life of this teenage girl named Rui whose parents died whgen she was still young but she coped up with that lost because of "Haru", a middle-schooler then who comforted her and so from then on she had written letters to him regularly. She happens to be in love with her classmate during her 1st year of middle school but little did she know that her neighbor and childhood friend, Tarou, has also deep feelings for her. One day, on her way to deliver her love letter to her crush, Kaoru, she was caught up in some messy situation when she was in a fire accident of an apartment owned by a person named Eisuke who suddenly said that since she was the one who saved him, he should live in her home instead! But, oh well, surprisingly, the next day, guess who shows up as the student-teacher of their class? Well, that would be none other than Eisuke!
     I thought this was a good manga so I read it and had so much fun but the heroine in the middle of the story becomes so irritating and annoying but I endured because I was hoping she would change her mind but, to no avail, she didn't. That's why I so hate this manga but you guys might love this! I am not being sarcastic, really. It's just that a student-teacher relationship is not really my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment