Sunday, October 24, 2010

Red River, Indeed a Superb Shoujo Manga!

I have been planning on reading this manga but I got it on hold a lot of times but it only took me to read the first 3 volumes to actually have the guts to finish the whole 28 volumes in just 2 days! Got that???
It has been quite a long time now that I got hooked with a pretty long shoujo manga series and quite a long time as well to have come across a manga that made me feel the same way as when I read Tokyo Crazy Paradise (btw I really have to make a review on that manga!). TCP will have to be one of the best shoujo mangas for me and now Red River's part of that list!
First of all, Red River is about Yuri, a girl who got sucked into the past by a wicked queen who wanted her blood to kill the other siblings of his son so that he could take over the throne but, unfortunately, Yuri came across one of the princes and was saved by him. Yuri then get entangled with this kingdom or empire which is called the Hittite Empire (you have to research that one). How can Yuri get back to present-time Japan? Can she go back when her heart is not into it because she has started to have feelings for the prince who saved her? Read this manga and you'll know what I mean.
Red River was surprisingly something that I really got hooked on and since it's something new (it was actually made during the 90's) to me. For everyone's information, I definitely read shonen mangas such as Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Nurarihyon no Mago, Psyren and lots more. Why? Because there's just something lacking in shoujo that only shonen mangas can give. Why am I mentioning this? My point is that Red River has catered to all the things I look for in a manga. It's like all the genres I love rolled into one manga. That's exactly the same thing as Tokyo Crazy Paradise. Maybe it's because it just doesn't focus on the female lead but her male counterpart as well. It has lots of politics in it and the art is pretty good given that it was made during the 90's. It's a great classic, if I say. Red River definitely captures the hearts of its readers because it's fun but dramatic. Action-packed but emotional. I don't know. As I said, it's definitely one of the best shoujo mangas out there and I regret that I just read it recently. I do.

I would say that to each and every shoujo manga addict out there-- YOU SHOULD NOT MISS READING THIS GREAT SHOUJO MANGA! Personally, I loved it. I so heart it! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment